2022-23 Season Tryouts
For any questions or clarification on the tryout process, please review our competitive handbook
Please Note: We do not know how many competitive teams will be formed at each division level. This is determined after the tryout process is completed.
Players WILL NOT be allowed on the ice until tryout fees are paid. Payments can be made on TeamSnap during the registration process or through EMT to firstname.lastname@example.org with password "hockey".
Preparing your player for tryouts:
- Remove all identifying stickers and logos from helmets. Wear hockey socks that are free from logos.
- Make sure your player checks their gear bag and has all the equipment they need.
- Long hair should be tied back.
- YOU MUST HAVE A NECK GUARD and wear it.
- Arrive with plenty of time for your player to sign in, get their tryout jersey and get ready.
- The competitive handbook is on our website to review if you wish (https://www.kvmha.ca/about-us/kvmha-constitution-and-bylaws/).
- There is a NO SPECTATOR POLICY during the tryout process. Please read below.
Try-Out Policy – No Spectators
Spectators of players participating in the try-out process for U11 and older must comply with the
following principles regarding application of the KVMHA Guidelines:
1) A spectator is defined as a parent, a relative, friend, teammate, athlete from opposing
team, administrator or coach not directly involved in the game.
2) Other than evaluators and approved KVMHA volunteers, there are to be no spectators
within the arena while players are on the ice.
3) Only the President, Vice-President or Director of Competitive Hockey can make an
exception to the above stated guideline.
Any spectator choosing to violate any of the above rules and/or creating a disturbance, will
be asked by a KVMHA Board Member, District Coordinator or chosen designate to leave the
premises immediately. Failure to abide by this directive will result in the following:
1) First offense – the player who is associated with the spectator violating the ‘no- spectator’
rule, will not be evaluated for that particular try-out.
2) Second offense – the player who is associated with the spectator violating the ‘no spectator’
rule will be removed from the try-out process and will not be allowed to
participate with a competitive team at any Division for that current season.